Thursday, October 4, 2012

Defining Ethics: Physical Therapy


Physical therapists shall be trustworthy and compassionate in addressing the rights and needs of patients/clients. 

This is one of the principles in the Code of Ethics of the APTA (American Physical Therapy Assiociation). I find this to relate to my own beliefs because I like to be loyal to anyone I meet and I do have true, sincere feelings for those that are in need, which would make me compassionate I'd say. As for adressing people of things, I am honest and sensitive about telling people things they need to know. This principle definitely fits into my ethics of life.

3 Things I'm doing in College that will help me prepare for work in Physical Therapy:
      One) Taking chemistry! I need to take this course for my field so that helps.
      Two) This blog! I'm learning a lot about my field from research on this blog. I now know the steps I          need to take to become a Physical Therapist.
       Three) Coming to this new environment at MSU prepares me a lot because I have learned how to make new friends and communicate with people and I plan on moving out of state when I become a PT so this gives me the chance to experience the same thing that will happen in a couple years. So it prepares me for being open to new people in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment